Monday, July 18, 2011

Zen Place


I don't know where it started. Perhaps it's zodiac sign (Pisces). Perhaps it was the luck of living near the coast. However, one of my favorite places to go to unwind and just breathe is the beach.

Ever since I was a little kid, my mom would take me Castle Island in South Boston. We would stop at Sullivan's (better known by the locals as Sully's), order hot dogs and fries, and sit on the hood of my mom's 1989 navy blue Caprice Classic watching the planes land at nearby Logan Airport.

Planes landing over Castle Island circa 2006 (photo by LD)
This long standing tradition and love of the ocean waves and breeze continue to this day. After having a particularly rough day at work last week, I decided to take a drive down to the beach nearest my house (just south of the city). Even after being in one of the worst moods I have even had the displeasure of experiencing, just 10 minutes on the beach wall left me feeling footloose and fancy free :)

                                                             The beach is my Zen Place.

Beach view (Boston skyline in distance)
   

No comments: