Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Impromptu events are my favorite

I am the first to admit that I am by no means a hockey fan. My sports fandom typically starts with spring training and ends with the World Series....with a few Miami Dolphins games sprinkled in to annoy my family and friends ;)

However, I do love Boston overall as it has been my home since...well, forever.  I recognize that Boston and sports go hand-in-hand. So, when a last minute twitter announced opportunity presented itself to take an impromptu visit to see the Stanley Cup in the North End, I jumped on the Red Line!

It didn't hurt that the cup was going to be paraded around by this gorgeous man either:

Andrew Ference
It was a cool event overall, a parade through the North End. I did get the touch the Stanley cup as well which is pretty darn cool. What follows is a photo collage of the afternoon!

Blades on his Segway

Andrew leads the procession (yellow shirt)
Turning onto Hanover Street
My moment with the Stanley Cup
Ferrance raises the cup at the fire (this photo courtesy of the Interwebs)

Hanging out with Bobby Orr

No comments: