Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Finding my voice

Good Morning Internet! 

It has been a long time since I had a blog, so forgive me if I'm a little rusty at this right off the bat!  I work in research and send formal e-mails all day, so conversational writing might require some refresher courses on my part.

I often find myself having to explain the titles or names that I come up with for my online monikers...some which at admittedly less awkward to explain than other (my e-mail address comes to mind). So, I thought it best that my first toe dip into the blogging waters would be a explanation of my blog title.

Shallow (adjective):
  1) having little depth 
  2) having little extension inward or backward 
 3) a. penetrating only the easily or quickly perceived  b.  lacking in depth of knowledge, thought, or feeling 
 
Pearl (noun) :
1) a. a dense variously colored and usually lustrous concretion formed of concentric layers of nacre as an abnormal growth within the shell of some mollusks and used as a gem  
2) one that is very choice or precious
3) something resembling a pearl intrinsically or physically
4) a nearly neutral slightly bluish medium gray
 
Being as I am a very sarcastic person by nature, I take pleasure in the contradiction of having a blog that is equally superficial and complex :) It's meant to be tongue-in-cheek.

Plus, staying vague and not picking a specific topic allows me to blog about whatever topic strikes my fancy when I wake up in the morning (or early afternoon if it's a weekend).

So stay tuned dear reader. And welcome! :)


No comments: