Friday, May 27, 2011

Party Planning For Dummies!?!?

Mom and Dad "D" on their 28th wedding anniversary
So, my parents' 30th wedding anniversary is fast approaching. I am contemplating throwing them a shindig to celebrate this milestone, because they are both amazing, loving people who helped to make me the loving, stubborn person that I am today :)

While this is a great idea in theory, this is complicated by a few matters:

 1) My father (who is NOT Peter Griffin, despite popular belief) is a veteran police officer and does *not* like surprises. He threatened to disown us all when my aunts, my mom and I attempted to organize a surprise 50th birthday party. So I run the risk of upsetting him...or giving him a heart attack when he walks in.

2) Money. Money is the root of all evil. I'm not exactly raking in the moolah in my current position. But I want to do this right and not look tacky or half-hearted.

I mean, I have planned an entire wedding before and people still tell me it was the best wedding ever. This should be easy...right?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

People told me my backyard BBQ disney themed wedding shower for you was the best wedding shower they ever went to. It doesnt have to be expensive to be fun!